Friday, March 27, 2009

Thankful

We always share our ministry life with you, so this week, I thought I'd share the more personal side of our life with you.

Recently, my friend did a blog post of all her simple gifts; small things that give her joy. She unknowingly inspired me to keep track of every small or big thing that I am thankful for. So, this week, I kept a record of every thankful thought that came to my mind and found that I had a GREAT week, remembering my blessings and praising God for each one. I'm posting a few below. They are in completely random order. Some of them have pictures, some do not. Needless to say, this list is just a drop in the bucket. I hope that YOUwill be inspired to count your good gifts this week!

So, I'm thankful for:




my son Stephen who is so funny and "quirky", even when he sleeps! Yes, he really IS sleeping in this picture.

Laughter, fun and good food with friends.




Creativity! The kids had so much fun doing a graffiti wall in Andrew and Stephen's room on Friday night.



Do the numbers ring a bell with anyone?






Having my oldest son home from boarding school and hearing about the last term. Here he is with another one of our blessings, his good friend Reid.



The wonderful husband God gave me. We're coming up on 18 years of marriage next week and each year is better than the one before.


Dr. Grimbeek, the South African doctor who is making it possible for Stephen to have straight teeth!




New glasses so I can enjoy reading once again!





My neighbor ladies, Lidia, Laurinda and Joana! It's taken some time, and alot of hard work, but they are opening up to friendship with a white girl!





My friend Pam who is so good at remembering birthdays and anniversaries. Something I admire since I'm so bad at it! THANKS FOR THE CARD, PAM J.!!!!



Crazy, wonderful sons who love each other!



Amazing friends to "do life" with. This is my bible study group. We were celebrating a birthday.



They bring me so much laughter and joy.




Precious little girls who give me hugs and draw me pictures and stuff.


Andrew's amazing dorm parents, Nathan and Stacey. This is Stacey, his "mom away from mom".

















3 comments:

PJimison said...

I enjoyed your post! And I'm glad you like the birthday and anniversary remembrances. :) I am so happy you are making such good friends with Lydia! What a blessing!!! Give her a hug for me!
Pam

Marie Foote said...

Hi Lynne! Marie Foote just checking out your blog for the first time ever! I love the counting your blessings blog idea. That's wonderful. =) Who told your sons they could go ahead and grow up?!!!!!!! WOW! They're looking more like men than boys now. =)

I am praying for you and Rodger today. When are you scheduled to come through Denver next? We are, Lord-willing, going to be appointed in June - finally!!! Praise God! =)

Hugs and blessings,
Marie

Marie Foote said...

Whoops! This comment automatically signed me in as a Google Blogger, but I don't use that anymore. My current website is:

http://web.me.com/footerest/The_Foote_Rest/Maries_Journal/Maries_Journal.html