Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Precious Boy


One of our precious ones went to be with Jesus. Some of you who have visited us here in Mozambique will remember him. He's one of the kids I could have taken home from the orphanage in a heartbeat. Pretty much everyone who met him felt that way about him. Sweet and snuggly Carlos.


Carlos was probably 3 or 4 years old but couldn't walk yet. He wasn't toilet trained and couldn't feed himself. I'm not sure of the physical problems. Possibly cerebral palsy.


Carlos liked it when I counted his toes. He liked when someone sang to him. He liked to rest his head on someone's chest and be close(here he is with our colleague, Jim). He didn't like to eat and insisted on choosing the person who would feed him. If you weren't "the chosen one", he would shake his head "no" every time you tried to put the spoon in his mouth. :)


I'm thanking God he's with Jesus but really sad that he won't be there for me to hold anymore.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

What a beautiful little boy he is. I am thankful he is no longer suffering and is resting in the arms of Jesus.
Thanks for sharing him with us. Thanks too for your story about the water. What a great lesson for me on leading by example. It is incredible the teaching moments that our Father provides for us just in the day to day living.
Thanks for all that you guys are doing over there in Mozambique. I am with you in prayer!
God Bless You~
Cindy Dickson

PJimison said...

Thanks for your blog, Lynne. It makes me sad...but know that you have been a blessing to his life. I know he loved each time you visited with him. Those kids are so dear!
Love you,
Pam